36 result(s) for the key topic Dermatology were found:
- Implementing a dermatology pocket guide
- The roles of health care professionals are rapidly evolving. Over recent years, the nursing profession has taken on new challenges and extended roles in respect of patient care. Many nurses in senior roles work autonomously and at a higher level of practice, engaging in flexible cross boundary partnership working. In order to undertake such roles effectively, guidance is required to maintain standards. This article presents an overview of the development and implementation of a new dermatology pocket guide in Scotland.
- November 2012 : Volume 26, Issue 6
- Skin care of the incontinent patient
- People who are incontinent of urine and/or faeces are at greater risk of developing localised redness, irritation, skin peeling and fungal infections around the perineum, sacrum, groin, ischial tuberosities and hips. In addition, the risk of skin breakdown and pressure ulcers in association with moisture can be increased. This article will explore best recommended practice in the management of skin damage caused by incontinence.
- March 2012 : Volume 26, Issue 2
- Prescribing in practice – a patient centred approach
- Fiona Wondergem describes a dermatology prescribing case study utilising a patient centred approach.
- January 2012 : Volume 26, Issue 1
- Eczema in later life
- Julie van Onselen & Margaret Cox provide an overview of skin changes that occur as we age – the intrinsic and extrinsic factors – and looks at the types of eczema most commonly experienced in later life.
- September 2011 : Volume 25, Issue 5
- Infection and eczema
- In this article, Margaret Cox, Chief Executive of the National Eczema Society discusses the link between eczematous skin and infection.
- May 2011 : Volume 25, Issue 3
- Scalp problems in eczema
- In this article, dermatology specialist nurse, Julie Van Onselen looks at the different types of scalp eczema and offers guidance on ways of treating this often intractable condition
- January 2011 : Volume 25, Issue 1
- Psoriasis: more than just skin deep
- Fiona Wondergem gives an overview of the impact that psoriasis and its treatment can have on an individual’s quality of life.
- November 2010 : Volume 24, Issue 6
- Napkin dermatitis and its treatment
- Fiona Wondergem discusses some of the available evidence surrounding the prevention and treatment of napkin dermatitis
- July 2010 : Volume 24, Issue 4
- Skin care for leg ulcers
- Carol Coley discusses the use of emollients in the management of skin conditions
- March 2009 : Volume 23, Issue 3
- The use of emollients in dry skin therapy
- Beverley Chiodo explains the role of emollients within the management of diseases with dry skin as a major symptom
Beverley Chiodo BA (Hons), RN is Practice Nurse, West Yorkshire
Article accepted for publication: August 2008
- October 2008 : Volume 22, Issue 10
- Nappy rash and childhood eczema: an overview
- Fiona Wondergem discusses the current treatments for nappy rash and atopic eczema in children
Fiona Wondergem MSc, BSc Hons, PG Dip HV, RGN, RSCN, Dip HP is a freelance health writer
Article accepted for publication: December 2007
- February 2008 : Volume 22, Issue 2
- Coping with atopic eczema
- Joanne Wright discusses the day to day management of atopic eczema
Joanne Wright RGN, RM is a Practice Nurse, Brighouse, West Yorkshire
Article accepted for publication: December 2006
- May 2007 : Volume 21, Issue 5
- Atopic eczema: an overview
- Karen Spowart gives an overview of atopic eczema and its management.
Karen Spowart is a Paediatric Nurse Specialist at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Article accepted for publication: May 2006
- September 2006 : Volume 20, Issue 9
- Onychomycosis: managing patients at risk
- Polly Buchanan gives an overview of the treatments available for managing onychomycosis.
Polly Buchanan RGN, RM, DipN, BSc (Hons) is a Consultant Nurse in Dermatology, Galderma UK, NHS Fife, NHS Tayside.
Article accepted for publication: December 2005
- June 2006 : Volume 20, Issue 6
- Developing skin camouflage practice - a joint initiative
- Annemarie Brown & Madeleine Flanagan describe the development of a skin camouflage course.
Annemarie K. Brown, MSc, BSc (Hons), RGN is a Visiting Lecturer, School of Continuing Professional Development, University of Hertfordshire and Tissue Viability Clinical Nurse Specialist, Castle Point and Rochford PCT.
Madeleine Flanagan MSc, BSc (Hons), Dip. RGN is a Principal Lecturer in Tissue Viability, School of Continuing Professional Development, University of Hertfordshire
Article accepted for publication: January 2006
- May 2006 : Volume 20, Issue 5
- Living with X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia
- Diana Perry gives an overview of this skin condition and its management from a carers point of view. For more information please contact Diana Perry at the Ectodermal Dysplasia Society, 108 Charlton Lane, Cheltenham, Glos. GL53 9EA England Tel: 01242 261332 Email: Diana@ectodermaldysplasia.org Web: www.ectodermaldysplasia.org.
- November 2005 : Volume 19, Issue 11
- An evidence based approach to wet wrap therapy for the management of eczema
- Dr Paula Beattie discusses the evidence base for the use of wet wrap therapy in the management of atopic eczema.
Dr Paula E. Beattie MRCP is a Clinical Fellow within the Department of Dermatology, Great Ormond St Hospital, London WC1N 3JH.
Article accepted for publication: March 2005
- September 2005 : Volume 19, Issue 9
- Psoriasis: an overview
- Joanne Wright discusses the need for good emotional support and understanding when dealing with patients/ clients with this distressing skin condition. Joanne Wright RGN, RM is a Practice Nurse in Brighouse, West Yorkshire. Article accepted for publication: February 2005
- May 2005 : Volume 19, Issue 5
- Occupational dermatitis
- Dr Iain Foulds explains the incidence and nature of this form of eczema
Dr Iain Foulds is a Consultant Dermatologist.
Article accepted for publication: January 2005
- February 2005 : Volume 19, Issue 2
- Acne and eczema: questions and answers
- In the second of our articles from the ABPI on skin and skin conditions we discuss the management of acne and eczema.
This article has been reproduced by kind permission of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.04
- November 2004 : Volume 18, Issue 11
- Eczema - a case study
- Amira Obeid gives an overview of a case study which involved the management of atopic eczema in a four month old baby
Amira Obeid MSc, ANP, BSc (Hons), RN, RM, RHV, DPS: N (CHS), FETC, CIDC, CHD Dip, ENB 8103, 7310, is a Nurse Practitioner, Lordswood Surgery, Birmingham
Article accepted for publication: January 2004
- September 2004 : Volume 18, Issue 9
- An introduction to the skin
- March 2004 : Volume 18, Issue 3
- African-Caribbean skin and the management of eczema
- Information Services at the National Eczema Society look at the management of eczema in black skin.
- November 2003 : Volume 17, Issue 11
- The use of emollients and their correct application
- James Britton reviews the use of emollients and creams for skin conditions.
Dr James Britton, BM, BS, BMedSci (Hons), MRCP (UK) is a Specialist Registrar in Dermatology at Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK. Article accepted for publication: March 2003
- September 2003 : Volume 17, Issue 9
- Management of atopic eczema in children
- Rosemary Turnbull gives an overview of the treatment of atopic eczema in children.Rosemary Turnbull, RGN, RSCN, Paediatric Dermatology Specialist Nurse, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London. Article accepted for publication: April 2002
- June 2003 : Volume 17, Issue 6
- Infectious skin conditions
- Dr James Britton gives an overview of infectious skin conditions.
James Britton BM, BS, BMedSci (Hons), MRCP (UK) is a Specialist Registrar in Dermatology, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds. Article accepted for publication: January 2003
- March 2003 : Volume 17, Issue 3
- Eczema - an overview
- In recognition of National Eczema Week, health writer Beverley Chiodo gives a brief overview of the causes of eczema and its treatment.
Beverley Chiodo BA Hons, RGN, is a Freelance Health Writer, West Yorkshire.
Article accepted for publication August 2002.
- September 2002 : Volume 16, Issue 9
- Emollients - a guide to their use in eczema
- Collette Chambers from the National Eczema Society discusses the use of emollients in the treatment of eczema.
Collette Chambers is Information Co-ordinator for the National Eczema Society, London.
Article accepted for publication January 2002.
- March 2002 : Volume 16, Issue 3
- Psychological aspects of atopic eczema
- Collette Hoare discusses the emotional, psychological and social issues which play a part in the treatment of atopic eczema.
- July 2001 : Volume 15, Issue 7
- A community eczema clinic
- Three Manchester based Health Visitors - Patricia Carey, Jacqualine Darby & Jacqui O'Reilly describe an initiative designed to educate and help parents how best to manage their children's eczema.
- November 2000 : Volume 14, Issue 11
- Developments in dermatological care
- Winifred Farrrell discusses the current policies which influence the organisation, and provision of policies on dermatological care
- September 2000 : Volume 14, Issue 9
- Care of the incontinent client’s skin
- Sarah Le Lievre describes the basic functions of the skin and how the nurse can minimise skin damage in incontinent patients.
- February 2000 : Volume 14, Issue 2
- Atopic eczema - an overview
- Jessica Stone and Sarah Ransome describe the vital role of community nurses in the management of atopic eczema.
- June 1999 : Volume 13, Issue 6
- Eczema: The allergy field
- Patricia Schooling discusses the rising incidence of allergy
throughout the UK population.
- June 1999 : Volume 13, Issue 6
- Managing infant dry skin
- Sarah Purcell & Dr. David Paige give a brief overview on the management of dry skin conditions in infants & young children.
- April 1999 : Volume 13, Issue 4
- A guide to dry skin problems
- Dr Jay Herbert gives an overview of some of the most common forms of dry skin problems and their treatment.
- November 1998 : Volume 12, Issue 11